Stephen Greer has over 30 years experience, a Master of Laws in Taxation (beyond law school), has taught corporate, partnership and trust taxes at the university level, is a published author and has been instrumental in drafting many of the laws which has made Alaska a leading estate planning and asset protection jurisdiction.
Stephen Greer says, "I am here to take care of all your estate needs and my faithful canine companion, Bella, will make sure you will feel right home as she greets you upon your arrival."
Alaska (1986), Ohio (1978), Florida (1978), Indiana (1979)
J.D. Arizona (1978), U. of Miami, LL.M. Tax (1985)
- Fellow and former Alaska State Chair of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- Former Chair (for many years) of the Estate Planning and Probate Section of the Alaska State Bar Association
- Involvement with Alaska trust legislative changes (1999-present)
- 2003 Alaska Trust Bill Substantially Revises and Improves Creditor Protection Trusts and Estates Magazine (August 2003)
- The Alaska Dynasty Trust, Alaska Law Review (December, 2001)
- The Delaware Tax Trap and the Abolition of the Rule Against Perpetuities, Estate Planning Magazine (February 2001)
- Alaska Enacts Additional Estate Planning Legislation, Greer and Shaftel, Estate Planning Magazine (October 2000)
- Alaska Enacts an Optional Community Property System Which Can Be Elected by Both Residents and Nonresidents, Greer and Shaftel, 25 ACTEC NOTES 206 (1999)
- Obtaining a Full Stepped-Up Basis Under Alaska’s New Community Property System, Greer and Shaftel, Estate Planning Magazine (March 1999)